Friday 19 October 2012

Eccleston & another birthday cake

If I'm really honest, the main reason why I haven't blogged for the last week is THIS MAN 



 
I bought Series 1* of Dr Who on eBay and wasn't allowed to watch it until Richard got home. Now he's home, we've been watching a couple of episodes a night. 

If I had one of those lists, Christopher Eccleston would be number 1 or 2, it's a tricky decision. The man makes my stomach go all funny. 

It hasn't all been about the Eccleston though, I also made a yummy birthday cake for my friend Amanda


Chocolate sponge with plain vanilla buttercream.

I'd seen lots of ombré cakes on Pinterest and wanted to try it. I didn't have enough butter to make the required ton of buttercream icing so I covered it in sugarpaste (fondant) and coloured the offcuts and used flower blossom plunger to cut out blossom  shapes. I added tylo powder and used tappits to make the letters.

I think Amanda liked it :) 




* in new money

No comments:

Post a Comment